Down my Alley

Monday, July 09, 2007

Movies Update

I realize it has been quite a while since my last movie update. With that said, over my two weeks of lazines....er...I mean dream living, I watched quite a few movies. So, let me list as many movies as I can that I've watched, then I'll review a couple. Feel free to ask about any of the movies I don't specifically review.

Recently viewed (stars out of 5): Dead Silence (2 1/2), Alpha Dog (3), Peaceful Warrior (4), Live Free or Die Hard (4 1/2), Dead Alive (2 1/2), The Messengers (3 1/2), Heat(3 1/2), Ong Bak: Thai Warrior (3), Bridge to Terrabithia (4), Cars (4), Black Christmas (2)

I'm sure there are actually a few more that I've watched over the past month or so, but I can't remember all of them. But that's a pretty good collection.

Live Free or Die Hard (aka Die Hard 4): This is one really, really fun film. It gets started very quickly and doesn't let up until the end. There are tons of hilarious one-liners (I laughed...alot). It isn't overly original, but doesn't feel overdone either. If you like the Die Hards, then this is a must see. It's probably the second best of the 4 Die Hard movies (the original is the best... of course).

Dead Silence: This "scary movie" by the same group that did the original Saw is really not all that interesting. It's honestly not scary at all (unless you are naturally freaked out by ventriloquist dummies, then you'll crap your pants). Otherwise, it is relatively predictable to the point you know the make-you-jump moments are coming. The end does contain a twist (which was alluded to throughout), but it isn't near the coolness of the Saw endings (it tries though). Really no reason to watch this movie.

Ok. There you have it. Any questions about any of the movies, just let me know. I'll attempt to keep you more up to date on the movies I watch. Until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home