Down my Alley

Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Historical 4th of July

Yesterday, I went to a Major League Lacrosse game (Denver Outlaws vs. Chicago Machine) with some friends to celebrate the 4th of July. Seriously, there's nothing like celebrating our country's independence (from the tyranny of the English....that one's for you Matthew) like watching guys beat on each other with sticks and throw a ball around for 2 hours (honestly, could you do that with the kind of freedom we have?). Anyway, back to the historical part. The attendance at yesterdays game was 19,700 (and change). Apparently, that is the world record for a professional lacrosse game...yep, world record. And I was a part of it (I'm so proud).

The game itself wasn't too bad. Probably more enjoyable if you had played (think of it like soccer meets hockey). It was still fun to watch. After the game, they had a fireworks display. Although firework shows fall under the category of "seen one, then you've seen them all", I found myself enjoying the show. Maybe its just been awhile since I've seen a fireworks show in person, but it was pretty neat, and was a nice way to finish off the evening.

That's all. I hope everyone had a great Independence Day.

PS. I'm a well-rounded sports fan. Who else can say they've watched Roller Derby and Lacrosse in the past 6 months?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home