Down my Alley

Thursday, April 26, 2007

We are the Champions

Some of you know that I've been playing in a basketball league. I was placed on a team of "free agents" (ie. people who didn't have a team). We were so-so. Most haven't played in a while and we were a bit rusty. During the season, we won 2 games on our merit and 2 by forfeit. In the playoffs, we won the first round game (I was sick and did not play). This past Monday was the final night. In our semi-final game, our opponent didn't show up, so we got a free ride to the finals. The other team had to win 2 games to get to us, so they were a bit tired. In the finals, we built a decent sized lead and then held on down the stretch to be victorious. Now I'll be the proud owner of a jersey that claims league champion.

I can't claim that I really did a lot during the season. My role was primarily: defense, rebounding, and the occasional 3-point shot (in that order). I believe on the season, I was 2-10 fg (2-8 3 pt fg), a bunch of boards and a couple of block shots. In order to be more effective from deep range, I really need more practice and to get into a rhythm. Still, I paid and played, so I get the shirt.

Cue the music of Queen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home