Down my Alley

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

The Departed....Best Picture?

As I previously posted, I had the Departed to watch, and just so happened to watch it last night. On Sunday, this movie won the Academy Award for Best Picture. I had not seen any of the other nominees (and aside from Letters from Iwo Jima didn't have much of a desire), so it is tough to say if they chose wisely or not. However, they did pick a pretty good flick to honor.

My Review: Overall a pretty solid movie. I thought the pacing was excellent for the first half of the movie (it slows a bit later). The back and forth between Leonardo DiCaprio and Matt Damon's characters is really cool, despite not actually interacting. The movie then turns into a cat and mouse type as each tries to lure/find the other one. Then finally the movie turns shoot-out. The acting is very good and the story engaged you (My roommate actually said she was nervous at one point). Pretty good, but the ending leaves a bit to be desired. Overall, 3 1/2 out of 4 stars, grade A-.

I'm watching the Guardian now, but probably won't post a full review (let's just say its so-so).

I'll keep you posted on other events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home