Down my Alley

Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Left eye doesn't know what the Right eye is doing

A week and half ago I went to the eye doctor and had an eye exam and got new glasses. Technically, I got a daily pair (new frames and lenses) and a new pair of rec specs. Anyway, a week after wearing my new glasses things just weren't quite right. If I closed my left eye, my vision in the right was really good. However, doing the opposite showed that my left eye vision was quite blurry (ie worse than my previous glasses). I gave them a week in case it was just the new prescription and took awhile to get used to...but it wasn't.

Anyway, I returned and told them about my concern. A different doctor took a look and after another round of "better 1 or 2", she told me she was increasing the rx on the left and adding more prism to the left and adding some to the right. Personally, I don't recall any previous doctor mentioning anything about prism. Apparently prism is used if you see double and it aids in aligning your eyesight. As the doctor described it, my eyes don't like to work together. At close range they are ok, but as I look up and out, they don't like to focus on the same thing. Hence, my occasional double vision (generally only when looking at a single object for a while, or looking through objects {microscopes, binoculars, eye exam instruments}). But the last couple of days in the new lenses have gone well and I haven't noticed any problems. I guess I just have to live with eyes that don't like each other.

Maybe they can sign a peace accord with each other and learn to get along....until then, I'll just use some prism.

PS. I signed up for Blockbuster total access (their internet renting thing) so expect a regular dose of movie reviews. That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home