Down my Alley

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Another Christmas Memory

I found it ironic that after posting about Christmas Memories, I quickly have another that easily cracks my Top 5 list. Starting early Wed. 12/20 it began snowing in Denver. It did not stop (or even slow down) until 1 pm Thur. Between 20-30" of snow fell and drifts were even larger than that. With this amazing amount of whiteness, DIA (Denver International Airport) was closed from Wed. evening until Fri. at noon (with 2 of 6 runways opened). Needless to say, my flight on Thur. was canceled. I stood in line for 6 hours to try and rebook a flight. However, the airline decided to close the rebooking line and sent us home. In their defense, they did this so people with scheduled/confirmed flights could be checked in and get through security. After discussions with the parentals, I rebooked with a different airline. I arrived in Indianapolis around 11 pm on Christmas Eve and was home by 12:30 am Christmas Day. Absolute craziness.

Christmas day with immediate family (parents, sibs, and sibs-in-laws) was really good. Mom's family is tomorrow and Dad's is on Saturday. I'm looking forward to good food, rest, and bowling. That's the life.

And I've seen enough snow for a long long time....really long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home