Down my Alley

Friday, January 05, 2007

Movie Reviews

Over the past week, I've seen two movies in the theaters. As I like to do, I am going to give my faithful readership my opinions on those two movies.

Night at the Museum: A pretty good comedy. Ben Stiller is NOT an annoying imbecile in this movie. I know, I was a bit shocked too. I would actually say that this was one of his best movie (Meet the Fockers and Meet the Parents were also good). It was humorous and didn't ever get boring. It realized what it was and didn't try to be something else. However, as a comedy, it really isn't worth big bucks to see in the theater. I would recommend this movie as a rental. Final grade: B, 3 out of 4 stars.

Apocalytpo: My expectations were not terribly high entering this movie due to the many criticisms it received. However, I was impressed. It really was a decent film. It is brutal and there is bloodshed, but it is not the gore-fest that most critics claimed it was. It is far less gruesome than the Passion, and more in line with a Braveheart type of brutality (Mel Gibson's other two films). In the end it is a taken from home and a fight to get back movie. Better than I expected. Not a fun film, but still good. If you don't mind some brutality, I would recommend this. If you have no desire for a decapitation or two, then avoid it, there are no real surprises in the movie. Final grade: B, 3 out of 4 stars.

Now you know what to go see. Hope you enjoyed, I know I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home