Down my Alley

Monday, February 26, 2007

Ok, Movies

Today I was reprimanded (ok, maybe a little strong...just told) by two people that I haven't posted about movies. My sister and my friend seemed to be a little bothered by my lack of information on my recent movies. I know I stated that I would probably be posting movie reviews on a regular basis. I didn't necessarily want to imply that I would post all the time about movies, but when nothing else really was going on. I'll mention my most recent movie viewings and give a review on one or two of those. If you want to get a review on any of the other movies, just leave a comment or let me know somehow.

Recently viewed: Saints and Soldiers, Prey, Idiocracy, The Protector, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, The Illusionist

Reviews:

The Illusionist - One of the two magician movies that came out this past year (the other being the Prestige). In general, this was a fairly decent movie. A decent set-up and a decent ending, but never once was amazing. It's tough to really explain. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't memorable enough to warrant sticking with you (unlike the Prestige). Alrighty, 3 out of 4 stars, grade - B.

Idiocracy - I got this as my free rental for returning my mailed movie. It is a comedy made by the same guy that did Office Space. Office Space is one of the greatest comedies ever, but Idiocracy is one of the worst comedies ever. It was dumb....really dumb. The concept had the chance to be funny, but it wasn't...at all. I was tempted to stop watching (I didn't, but was tempted). Do NOT watch this movie. 1/2 out of 4 stars, grade - F.

There you have it. I have the Departed and will try to watch it on Tuesday. Yep, the newest Best Picture. I'll probably post a review on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home