Down my Alley

Sunday, March 18, 2007

March Madness

It's the glorious time of the sports year when the NCAA men's basketball tournament commences. As usual, I run a pool and fill out a couple of brackets. Normally, I fair decently through the first round, but then quickly drop. It appears that trend may continue. I did really well through the first 3 days, but today's games hurt...a lot. I'm now down 1 final four team (Wisconsin) and another elite eight team (Creighton). Ohio State (my predicted champ) has had a couple of scares already. Yesterday had some of the best basketball games one could watch. They were really close and well played games. Today's were more of a blowout and not near as close.

The good news is Butler is playing some really good basketball right now. Up next for my alma mater is Florida (#1 seed). Purdue played Florida really tough, and UF didn't pull away until down the stretch. So, I am going to remain optimistically hopeful. On Friday, you'll find me somewhere near a TV watching the game (and you should too).


No more games until Thursday....it'll be a long wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home