Down my Alley

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

300....frickin' sweet

I am not referring to 300 the perfect game (which is still frickin' sweet), but the movie 300. It is awesome and pure adrenaline. All I can think of to describe this movie is good. I had really high expectations going in to this movie, and was not let down. Unbelievable! The action is only surpassed by the aesthetic (good word, huh?) quality of the film. Ok, now that the excited kid in a candy store phase is over, let me be slightly more critical.

An apt description of the movie is Troy meets Lord of the Rings. Think story of Troy (fight to defend one's country, honor, etc.) and the action of the battles in LoTR and some fantasy. That was my guess based on the previews. After watching the movie, it was confirmed. It is a great mix. There is very little I disliked about this movie. For the ladies out there, you do get to watch ripped guys running around in leather thongs and capes. Plus the main character pretty much does what his wife says (like all wise men).

5/5 stars, A+ movie. Must see on the big screen.

Note: I've decided to move to the Blockbuster scale on my movie grades (5 stars). 1 = really hated, 2 = really disliked, 3 = okay, 4 = really liked, 5 = really loved ...1/2 stars take away the adjectives.

Note: If you don't like blood and decapitations, you might not enjoy this film. If you don't mind them, it's pure excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home