Down my Alley

Monday, April 23, 2007

Uh, yeah...so you burn easier at a Mile High

I discovered yesterday, that one will sunburn easier at high altitude. Sadly, this was discovered via personal experience. I played basketball with a buddy for a couple of hours yesterday. All outside and in the sun. I did apply some sunscreen before I left my place, but the combination of sweat, time, and wiping sweat off (along with some of the sunscreen I imagine) left me a bit on the red side. Most notably my forehead and nose (sites of the most frequent wiping). It doesn't appear to be bad enough to peel (certainly not blister), but it's still a touch uncomfortable.

Moral of the story: Apply generously, and consider reapplying.

Also of interest, was that I sweated a lot less than I would have expected. Lack of humidity will do that for you. I'm not complaining about that though.

Enjoy your day and wear sunscreen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home