Down my Alley

Monday, April 30, 2007

Recent Movie Viewings

It's been a little bit since I've posted anything about movies. As usual, I will list the movies I've seen and give my star rating (out of 5), then I'll give a slightly more detailed review on a couple of films.

Recent viewings:
Jet Li's Fearless (4 1/2 stars), Zulu Dawn (3 1/2 stars), Smokin' Aces (3 1/2 stars), The Nativity Story (3 1/2 stars), The Grudge 2 (2 stars)

Detailed Reviews:

Death of a President - This movie is a mockumentary (not my normal favorite genre), but I was relatively interested as this one got going. The premise of the film is a documentary detailing the assassination of President Bush and some of the subsequent events. It is less about Bush bashing (although some does occur), and more about the incompetence of the FBI. It is not an entertaining film, but is interesting nonetheless. Definately one of the better mockumentaries I've seen. 3 out of 5 stars.

Fracture - I saw this movie this past weekend with a friend, and really enjoyed it. Throughout the entire film, I constantly felt just a little behind. There were a few things you could see coming, but for the most part, you keep trying to figure it out along with Ryan Gosling's character. Anthony Hopkins is at his best in a return to Hannibal Lecture-like intelligence as the bad guy. The story and the acting are superb. Plus, being able to look at Rosamund Pike never hurts (also seen in Die Another Day and Doom). I give Fracture 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. Highly recommend, although the big screen is not required to enjoy it.

Also, that was my first ever picture post! Aren't you excited.

That's all the news thats fit to print.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home