Down my Alley

Monday, July 23, 2007

Rocky Mt. National Park

Friday found myself (and my lab) at the Boss' cabin in the mountains. He owns a cabin on Shadow Mountain Lake. The day consisted of a pontoon boating excursion on Granby Lake (practically attached to Shadow Mt. Lake). After that it was back to the cabin for food, then a return to Denver.

The car I was riding in decided to take the scenic route back into town. We went through Rocky Mt. National Park. It is an
absolutely amazing trip to take. Any friend visiting me who has not really seen/been up in the Mountains, we will make this trip. It is gorgeous. In addition to the numerous Kodak moments, presence of wildlife makes the trip worthwhile. During the trip, I saw Elk, Mountain goats, Big Horned sheep, and marmots (photo courtesy of wikipedia).After leaving the Park, the drive took us through Big Thompson Canyon. This basically continued the scenic drive, as you follow a river through a relatively impressive canyon. After the canyon, the scenic portion is over as you enter Loveland and then catch I-25 back into Denver.

A very impressive trip, and one that any nature/mountain lover needs to take. Since I didn't have a camera, I don't have pictures, but some of my companions did. So I might get a photo or two posted later. Have a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home