Down my Alley

Monday, August 06, 2007

One Year in Denver

Today marks the one year anniversary of my leaving Indianapolis. Technically, Wednesday is my one-year mark actually in Denver, but I'm posting today, so there. It has been a good year, and the time has really flown. I've been home several times and seen family a few more (Christmas, USBC, Peterson, Brickyard). I've had experiences that I've never had before (trips to the mountain, trips to bars, etc.). School work came and went. I can't say I enjoyed class, but I learned things and overall found that biology and life is an amazing thing. Far more complex than I ever knew. Lab work has been good. I'm still fighting lack of motivation, but that's a norm for me. I'm easing in, but over the next few months really plan to buckle down and get a lot of work done.

I like the town of Denver. It has everything that one needs. I continue to bowl on a regular basis, and have gotten into the habit of playing some basketball. I play video games and watch plenty of movies. So, in other words, my life is very similar here as it was in Indy. I do miss some of my close friends from Indy. Time with family is more valued now. But it's been a good year. If all goes well, I'll be on another life decision on what to do in 3 1/2 to 4 years.

That's a long time from now with plenty of posts in between, so stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home