Down my Alley

Friday, August 03, 2007

300 on DVD


I'm sure you all remember the glowing words of recommendation for the movie 300 after I saw it in theaters (in case not, click here). This week, I went out and bought the DVD version (in fact, the 2-disc special edition). Last night, I got together with friends to watch it. Basically everything I said and thought before holds true. This movie is amazing!! It claims a spot in my top 10 easy and could be fighting for a spot in the top 5 (I'd have to give some thought for it). If you like epic feeling movies, great battle scenes, solid story, great one-liners, and don't mind blood and violence (there are limb losses galore), then you will love this movie. If you like to own movies you like, do yourself a favor and just go buy the DVD now (while it's cheap).

Ok, enough for the shameless plug of 300. I have watched other movies recently and will give the title and ranking, but no full reviews. As always, just ask and I can enlighten you in more detail.

Transformers (4 out of 5 stars), Hellboy: Sword of Storms (3 1/2 stars), Hellboy: Blood and Iron (4 stars), Top Secret (2 1/2 stars), Donnie Darko (3 1/2 stars), Hot Fuzz (4 stars), The Fountain (2 stars), Stay (2 stars), The Contractor (2 1/2 stars)

I am super excited about seeing the Bourne Ultimatum. I'll let you know what I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home