Down my Alley

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My PBA Experience

Last night was the final night of my summer bowling league. This was not just any summer league, but a PBA Experience league. That means that I bowled on the same conditions as the professionals. It was a fun and challenging league (which was what I was looking for). I enjoyed it so much, I am now in the midst of looking for a winter PBA Experience league (time will tell if I can find one). Anyway, to make matters even better, my team ended up as champions, and I ended with the high average. As a team, we were in first for nearly the entire league, so it was fitting that we won. The same can be said for average, I was in the top 3 from the second week on, and have led the league for most of the season.

Now despite these accomplishments, I'm not about to go and join the PBA Tour. I finished at a 195 average. Keep in mind that top tier pros averaged 225+ for their season. That encompasses far more games than I bowled this summer and the pressure would be distinctly higher than in a summer league. I now have more confidence for the PBA patterns, but am equally blown away by the pros ability to shoot the scores they do.

Well, my winter league should be starting in the next couple of weeks, so until then, I'll just have to go out and practice once or twice.

Queen said it best.....(cue music)....We are the champions....

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like you did really well in your summer PBA Experience League. Congrats on your league championship

    After running a PBA Experience league this summer, I also was in search of a fall season PBA Experience. I took it upon myself to go start one. I don't anticipate the league being very large to begin with, but hey, you have to start somewhere right?

    Check out the details on my blog if you get a chance.

    By Blogger Don Barry, at August 20, 2007 at 11:07:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home