Down my Alley

Thursday, August 30, 2007

King of Cool

Using Blockbuster Total Access online rental service, I have watched quite a few movies. Since there are only so many new releases that are of interest, I rent a fair number of older movies too. Some that I just missed, some classics, and some originals (ie. remakes have been done that I have seen). This lead to me to a realization. Of all old school actors, there is one man who comes across as being flat out cool. Steve McQueen. Honestly, watch a Steve McQueen movie and tell me he doesn't just reek of coolness. The guy is just cool. Here's a list of movies that I've seen starring Steve McQueen: Hell is for Heroes, Bullit, Thomas Crown Affair, The Great Escape, The Magnificent Seven, The Towering Inferno. He's done others and I'll get around to watching them, but he still remains....


There is a current actor that also gives off a very similar swagger. This actor also comes across as cool in most of his movies. He hasn't truly acted in any classics, but regardless, most of his movies have been fun and he also radiates that coolness. I am speaking of none other than Jason Statham. His movie credits (movies I've seen) include: Cellular, Snatch, the Transporter 1 and 2, Crank, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, The Italian Job, The One, and most recently War (not seen it, but would like to). He may not yet be "the essence of cool", but he's definitely got the spirit of cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home