Down my Alley

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The early TV season...

It's been a week and nothing major has really piqued my interest enough to write a post. I was just reading some reviews of TV shows this past week, and that was enough to make me decide to post about the early TV season. I'll inform you of the shows I watch and my thoughts thus far on each of them.

Sunday
The Family Guy (Fox, 9 EST) - As usual this show has been humorous in it's random and occasionally off-color way. Pretty much as expected.

Monday
Chuck (NBC, 8 EST) - Best new show of the year. Funny and entertaining. Pleasure to watch.
Heroes (NBC, 9 EST) - Thus far, it has been so-so. I think this show really needs to streamline. Too many new characters that I don't really care about, and not enough direction thus far in the characters I do like.

Tuesday
NCIS (CBS, 8 EST) - Has continued pretty much as expected. Still entertaining and generally light-hearted. Fun show to watch.

Wednesday
Nothing really. I tried Pushing Daisies, but have decided that it's not really the show for me. A little artsy fartsy and a bit campy.

Thursday
Grey's Anatomy (ABC, 9 EST) - Has rebounded well thus far. It's on the cusp of having everyone's life fall into the gutter (which was the biggest problem last season). Still worth watching though.

Other new shows that I've seen: Life (NBC, 10 EST...I think) - I watched a re-run of the pilot on a Friday night. It was ok, but by no means enthralling.

Ok, now you know. Still looking forward to the return of Battlestar Galactica, but until then, I'm pretty set in my TV viewing ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home