Down my Alley

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Nuggets v. Pacers

Last night I went to my first NBA game in several years. The only reason I really even wanted to go to the game was because the Pacers (my favorite NBA team...only for being from Indiana) were in town. The Nuggets are actually a team that I actively root against (Melo, AI, Camby, Martin, and George Karl are all on my unfavorite list...most before their arrival in Denver). So, it was pleasant to watch the Pacers play pretty good team basketball with lots of cuts to the hoop. Compared to most of the Nuggets where it was give it to AI and Melo then watch. To make matters better, the Pacers won what was actually about as good as NBA games get. I was there with some people who were locals and thereby Nuggets fans, so it was always nice to have my team beat theirs. I firmly believe this will fulfill my NBA game requirement until the playoffs, especially with college basketball now in full swing (and Butler doing well...again!).

In other basketball news, I'm playing in a community recreational league starting this Thursday. I'm looking forward to it. I haven't played in the last couple of months (due to weather getting cooler), so it'll be good. Plus, I think the team I'm on should be fun, and we are tall (shortest guy is right at 6', and tallest around 6'8"...maybe taller...I look up to him...literally). I'm sure I'll keep you posted on how it goes. Most likely I'll play defense, rebound, and occasionally shoot a trailing 3...that's generally how full-court games go for me.

Have a great day!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home