Down my Alley

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More Crazy Denver Weather

I previously posted about some crazy weather (click here for the refresher). Well, a very similar situation occurred again this week. Here's the gist of what happened. Very nice and warm one day, frickin' cold the next, and snow also appeared. I'm used to weather not staying constant, but this is borderline ridiculous. Granted it is the middle of November, so getting cold is expected, but not like it happened. Ok, here are the details:

Monday - a wonderful, sunny day with a high temperature around 73. My buddies and I opted to eat lunch indoors because it was too HOT outside (in the sun, it was very warm). Ah, if all November days were like this....

Tuesday - high temperature for the day was 56. Not to bad you might think...however, the high temperature occurred at 12:01 AM. The low of the day at 27 hit at 11:59 PM. Yep, that's right, the temperature dropped all day long. Oh, so cold.

Wednesday - Snow!! There was white stuff all over the ground (and my car) this morning. A high temperature for the day is 28. Not even above freezing...at all today. I'm hoping that the sun alone can melt most of the snow, and the lack of humidity gets it off the roads (otherwise it just freezes, and ice is worse than snow). Also of note, I finally busted out my heavy coat for the first time.

So, 70 degrees on Monday, 30 hours later mid-20s and snow. Isn't life grand. Oh well, thus far these days are in the minority, and I can deal with 1-2" (no more of that 3-4 feet worth).

Happy Turkey Day (one day early isn't too bad).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home