Down my Alley

Friday, November 16, 2007

Itunes....vol. 3

Alright, as I promised on Monday, today is my highest rated songs. That is, of the songs I have downloaded (or uploaded) onto my computer, these I have opted to give a 5 star ranking. Mostly these are songs that I can listen to at any given time for any given reason. Now, I'm going to have to be a little selective here since I have ~70 songs rated at 5 stars. To simplify things, I'm going to eliminate all movie soundtrack songs (sorry John Williams...maybe a list all its own). I'll give the artist that had multiple entries first (more than one 5 star song should count for something), then others that make the cut.

Multiple entries (no preference in order):

1. Fortunate Son by Creedance Clearwater Revival. CCR is my all-time favorite band, and this is probably their most recognizable song. Simply awesome, even today. Also, Bad Moon Rising.

2. Layla by Derek and the Dominos (aka Eric Clapton). This is the full 7 min. version. Truly a cool song. Clapton also has Wonderful Tonight and Tears in Heaven as 5 star comers.

3. Flood by Jars of Clay. The first Jars song I heard, and still my favorite. Truly a masterpiece. Jars also has Nobody Loves Me Like You.

4. Blessed Assurance by Third Day. Definitely one of my favorite Christian bands. Personally, I wish more hymns were done by Christian rock bands. An excellent version of Blessed Assurance. Third Day also has I've Always Loved You.

5. Joy to the World by Three Dog Night. Not your typical Joy to the World (and probably not for an Christmas church services), but an excellent song. Three Dog Night had the most 5 star song ratings, including: Celebrate, Mama Told Me, Your Song, and Shambala.

6. Last Dance with Mary Jane by Tom Petty. Nice catchy song that I really like. Also appearing, You Don't Know How it Feels.

7. Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin. No best of list involving music can be complete without an appearance by Stairway to Heaven. One of the most popular songs ever. Zepplin also had Ramble On making a 5 star appearance.

Other comers (in order of preference).

1. Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum. A one hit wonder that may be one of the best songs of all time. Catchy tune and great lyrics. I know one place where this is a must play...

2. Grace Like Rain by Todd Agnew. One of the best versions of Amazing Grace (my favorite hymn). If you ever need some uplifting, listen to this song.

3. I Swear by All-4-One. I was a big time All-4-One fan as a youngster, and this was my favorite song by them. Still an excellent song and perfect for anyone after walking down the aisle.

4. Bring Me to Life by Evanescence. This one gets the blood flowing. Excellent rock song.

5. Cat's in the Cradle - Harry Chapin. Sad story, but great song. New dads should listen and catch the point.

Order again unimportant...
6. Bombs Away by Virgin Millionaires (local Indy area band); 7. Kokomo by Beach Boys (ahh, my childhood); 8. Turn, Turn, Turn by the Byrds (Ecclesiastes , tough to understand, great for song); 9. Trading My Sorrows by Darrell Evans (favorite praise song, excellent base beat); 10. Rebel Rouser by Duane Eddy (run Forrest run); 11. The Middle by Jimmy Eat World; 12. Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong; 13. Sweet Home Alabama by Lynryd Skynryd (simply a classic); 14. The Saga Begins by Weird Al Yankovich (higher rated than the song he parodies, American Pie); 15. Johnny B Good by Chuck Berry; 16. Hurt by Johnny Cash (far superior to the Nine Inch Nails original); 17. Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson (her best song); 18. Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne (All Aboard...).

Alrighty, there you go. 25 of my top rated songs on my iTunes. Hopefully you enjoyed reading. I'm not sure if I'll continue my iTunes trip or not. I might give you one more, Best Movie quote clips...that could be fun.

Enjoy your weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home