Down my Alley

Monday, December 03, 2007

Hitman Movie Review

First off, last week was a 3 post week (M,W,F). I'm so proud of myself. Now, if I can just think of topic ideas that often, it is possible I'll try and make a habit of it. Ok, Ok, I'm only fooling myself, but still, it's not a bad thought.

I realize that it has been some time since I reviewed any movies. I've seen several since then, but most recently I viewed Hitman. Since it is the freshest in my mind, I figured I could go ahead and enlighten my reading audience on all of my thoughts. So without further ado:

Hitman
Starring: Timothy Olyphant (bad guy in Die Hard 4) and other people you've never heard of
Plot: An assassin {Agent 47} gets double crossed and tries to figure out what/why. Based on a video game series.

Opinion: This wasn't a terrible movie, but it was far from great. A decent action movie with some fun action/fight scenes. It was lacking any kind of car chase though. It had a bit of a Bourne-feel to it (trying to figure out what was going), but was not pulled off anywhere near as effectively. I've never played the video games, so I'm not sure how truthful it was to the series. All-in-all an entertaining movie and worth renting if you want a popcorn action movie. My two biggest gripes: 1) Hopped around like crazy, not enough to get you confused or completely ruin believability, but still it was bit annoying; and 2) No light was ever shed on "the organization" and Agent 47s background. I would have loved to know the backstory with the group of hitmen. I'm not dying for a sequel, but a prequel with more insight on to this group could be fun.

Final take: 3 out of 5 stars, if you find it on HBO or just want an action movie, take the time to watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home