Down my Alley

Monday, October 30, 2006

What a Weekend!

Ok, I promise the issues are coming...probably on Wed/Thurs. this week, but I must recap this past weekend. It consisted of returning to the pharmacy, costume parties, and a great Colts/Broncos game. I'll start at the top.

Saturday - Went in to work at Walgreen's for the first time in a couple of months. It was technically for training, so there was another licensed pharmacist on duty. It went well, fairly slow, but I remembered how to do most of the things. Next time I'll be flying solo (at least as the RPh goes). That went from 9-6. Then it was home to put the finishing touches on my costume. My roommate figured out the ears and I painted my face. By 6:40ish, I was a full fledged care bear (pictures coming....I promise). Then it was off to the pre-party (ie. where people drink before they leave to go drink). Then to a 5th year grad student house party, then off to an administrators house from the pharmacology department for a party. Partying pretty much wrapped up by 12:30, and home by 1 AM...which with the clock "fall-back" was really like 12 AM. Pretty fun, no obnoxious drunks, so that was a bonus.

Sunday - Sleep in, watch the PBA on ESPN. Doug Kent was on fire, 248-247-277. Made the Black Widow (bowling ball) by Hammer look really good. Then off to a sports bar/pub to meet some people from the lab I'm working in. I wore my sole Colts shirt and was seriously outnumbered (one stranger said I was "brave"....brave would have been wearing face paint...actually, I think that falls under stupid). But at the end of the game, I was the only one clapping...so HA! It was fun and a great game. If the Colts only had a run defense, they would be nigh unstoppable. So far this season the offense keeps bailing them out. Then home for some video games and the Amazing Race (go Cho brothers).

Ok, that was my weekend. Busy but fun. Ok, have a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home