Down my Alley

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Next big decision...

is which IPod do I want? There are only 3 model types sold in stores now: The Shuffle, the Nano, and the Video. I really don't want the shuffle, too small, no screen, and holds less songs. The Nano is tempting and of the currently available models my most likely pick. I like the idea of an on-board hard drive of the Video (compared to the flash memory of the Nano), but the cost is outrageous and I currently have no need for the video capabilities, but in the future I might. Also, the video stores 7,000 or 15,000 songs. I couldn't name that many songs. So it seems like a bit of overkill to spend the money on something I likely won't use all of (again, this is short term thinking). Alright, so it seems obvious that the Nano is my best choice from a store.

The other option would be to buy offline where I could get a slightly older model (the mini or a normal IPod) for a little cheaper. The concern here is: it's an older model (less support and less up-to-date) and buying offline can be a crapshoot. I've had no problems yet, but you never can be too sure. I personally think the older 20 GB IPod would be my preference, but the above concerns might hold me back. When spending this kind of money, I want to make sure its for the best piece of equipment I can get.

It's also been advised to get the extended warranty on any IPod I get (by 1 consumer and 1 employee of a place...both had experience with breaking). Any thoughts on what IPods are good?

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home