Down my Alley

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Memorial Day Weekend

I had myself a busy Memorial Day Weekend. Saturday, I went down to hang out with Shocker and some of his friends in Speedway. We walked Georgetown Road and watched all the crazies. That place is nuts...like a mini-Mardi Gras. It gives you a view of a segment of society I don't want to be a part of. Anyway, I stayed down there for most of the evening, then went home showered off the grime and then to bed.

Sunday, I went to the 500. Had pretty good seats (just outside of turn 1 in the SW Vista). The first 70 laps were a little boring because Dan Wheldon was driving away from everyone. The last 100 laps were really good though, and the finish was amazing!!! Without a doubt the best finish I've seen in person. Unbelievable! Then it was back home to shower off the grime, then out to New Lisbon for a cookout/party for my study buddy. Got some good food, played some croquet (I'm no good) and some ultimate frisbee (I'm ok). It was fun and good to see friends. Then back to Indy and another shower.

Monday, took it easy in the morning and early afternoon. Then I went over to my brother's for supper (burgers on the grill). Then we went wiffle ball hunting. It's a shame that wiffle balls are so hard to find...not the fake, but official wiffle balls. Luckily Walgreen's had them. The back to his place for some Home Run Derby. My sister-in-law played too...it was good for a chuckle. In the end, I hit a monster homer and won 1-0. Then my brother and I put in some video games hours. Back home and another shower.

There it was. Lots of time spent outside and lots of sweat (it was frickin' hot this weekend)...and lots of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home