Down my Alley

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Favorite Video Games: Nintendo Entertainment System

Well, let me start by saying I'm stealing the idea from my brother. He recently has posted his top 25 video games of all time (25-18, 17-10, 9-1). Now to be fair, he has far more video game experiences than I do. I'm mixing it up a bit, and will discuss my top 5 games for each of the systems I've owned. That way I stick to comparing apples to apples.

Here we go...My Top 5 Video Games from the Nintendo Entertainment System


5. RC Pro-Am

A top down racer that would be a fore-runner to my enjoyment of kart racing games. Oil slicks, wet spots, bombs and missiles all added to the enjoyment of the game. I never mastered it, but I did get pretty good and hated missing the letters to spell out NINTENDO and upgrade to the next batch of cars.

4. Super Mario Bros.

It's hard to make a list of NES games and not include the original game. Packaged along with Duck Hunt, this game established one of the best video game characters ever. For a long time, side scrolling adventures would be compared to this one.

3. Ninja Turtles Arcade Game

Never really progress that far in this game, due to the lack of continues and monster difficulty of bosses. However, that did not stop my great enjoyment of the first 3 levels. Playing along with the brother was great fun too.

2. Super Mario Bros 3
An excellent and fun game. Back on track after the bizarre Mario Bros. 2. Very enjoyable game. Always wanted to make sure you had a leaf hanging around.

And my favorite NES game ever....

1. Little League Baseball

Quite possibly my favorite baseball of all time (granted I've not really played a baseball game since the N64 days). The fielding worked, the pitching worked, and the batting was fun. The uniqueness of each team made this game special. I still recall setting up tournaments with my brother and our neighbor. This game also got me through a hospital stay as a kid. Superb game!

Honorable mentions: Duck Hunt and Rad Racer

Stay tuned as over the next week, I'll give my top 5 SNES, N64, PS2 and Xbox 360 games. Hope you enjoyed this minor stroll down memory lane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home