Down my Alley

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Gamerscore: 11,000 and counting

Many of you are aware that I play video games on a regular basis. For those unaware, I own a Xbox 360 (after years of nintendo loyalty, and one outing with a PS2). Now, the coolest thing that the Xbox has done, is institute achievement points for accomplishing certain tasks throughout a game. Basically, they are little things that you may not do, if it wasn't for getting the achievement points. It really has made playing games more fun. I'm not sure I can fathom playing without achievements on a regular basis. Anyway, these points are what makes up ones gamerscore. The higher the score, the more games you've played and achievements you have obtained.

I don't have a ton of time to play games (comparatively), and I definitely don't have the funds to buy (or even rent) many games. So, compared to many, my gamerscore isn't all that high. Because of this I decided to make a post after clearing the 10,000 point milestone. However, that occurred over the holidays when I was at my brothers, and played a bunch of games I don't have (some only for cheap achievement points).

After Christmas I ended up with 6 brand new games, and due to playing these games over the past week, I've added another 1,000 points. That currently puts me at 11,072. Pretty solid for just an occasional gamer. It means absolutely nothing in real terms, but it is pretty cool to get to this point. I'm sure the life span of the 360 is another several years, at which point, my gamerscore will continue to rise. Who knows where it will stand when it's all done? Not as high as many, but far higher than all those people with the Wii or PS3...hahaha.

Ok, that's all, it's just about lunch time...then I might play a game or two this afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home