Down my Alley

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Entertainment Guide: Fall TV Schedule


Summer is winding down, and the fall TV schedule is about to kick into full gear. Stations are beginning to heavily advertise the return of their hits and some of the new shows. Premieres begin throughout the entire month of September. I would hate for any of my faithful readers to enter this hectic time of year without knowing the Kyle Johnson approved viewing schedule. I will first give you the shows I will certainly be watching, followed by the newcomers of interest (ie. I'll give them an episode or two and see how it goes). Without further ado (all times EST)...

Monday
Chuck 8pm NBC - loved this show last year, and can't wait for it to return.

Heroes 9pm NBC - enjoyed last season for the most part (couple of subpar story lines)

honorable mentions:
How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men, 8:30 & 9 pm CBS...best sitcoms out there, but I prefer the NBC lineup, leaving these as back-up channels or repeat viewings.

Tuesday
NCIS 8pm CBS - my favorite of the cop/crime scene shows, right amount of humor and seriousness
Eureka 8pm SciFi - cool show, and has reairs at midnight (10pm in my time zone), so I can watch both of these shows

Wednesday Bones 8pm FOX - another forensic/crime show with good humor and excellent chemistry between the main characters

Note: I bowl on Wednesday, so I can only watch the early show(s).

Thursday
Grey's Anatomy 9pm ABC - not nearly as good as the first two years, but I'm still faithful to it

Friday
Nothing recommended on network stations. Probably should rent a movie, or go out, or something.

Saturday College Football

Sunday
Sunday Night Football NBC
The Amazing Race 8pm CBS - best reality show out there
Family Guy 9pm FOX - hilarious, irreverent take on all things

Those are the shows I will be taking time to watch. So if you are bored, check them out and enjoy. Now for the new shows on the schedule that sound interesting.

Monday - My Own Worst Enemy 10pm NBC - mostly worth checking out due to Chuck and Heroes as the lead-in. Christian Slater has dual personalities (homebody and secret agent). Really depends on how annoying Slater is.

Tuesday - Fringe 9pm FOX - a science fiction series. An FBI team (agent and scientists) investigate unexplained phenomenon and conspiracies. X-Filesesque, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Wednesday
Knight Rider 8pm NBC - if they can keep it light and each episodic (stand alone entries, no conspiracy, long story arcs), this could be an enjoyable romp. The two reasons to watch pictured below.


Thursday - 11th Hour 10 pm CBS - a scientist/doctor gets called in at the 11th hour to solve unexplained cases. Again, X-filesesque, but still not a bad thing

Friday - Crusoe 8pm NBC - a take on Robinson Crusoe's life stranded on an island. Could be fun. Of course, being started on Friday isn't really a big endorsement from the network.

Saturday - Nothing of interest

Sunday Merlin 8pm NBC - mid-season entry (after football is over), that examines Merlin and Arthur on their rise to Camelot. Medieval times are a personal favorite for games, books, movies, and possibly TV.

Kings
10pm NBC - also a mid-season entry following the football season. Follows David, a heroic soldier brought into the King's court. Set in a future world full of war/strife. Depending on where it goes, and how quick it gets there, could be an interesting show.

Well, there you have it. All that is important to watch this coming fall season. I'm sure there will be some show that fails and is pulled early. At which point, a new series could pop up. I also don't doubt that I left something(s) off that I'll probably end up watching. But this is a solid starting point. If nothing looks good, just play your Xbox...that's always good entertainment.

Stay tuned for my post-summer movie guide, and fall movie guide. I know you're excited, don't hide it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home