Down my Alley

Sunday, December 05, 2004

A Bittersweet weekend

Well, where to begin, bitter or sweet. I guess as the word is written, bitter comes first, so I'll start there. On Saturday morning, my grandpa (my dad's dad) had a heart attack and passed away. He was in failing health and everyone expected this eventually, but it did come sooner than we anticpated. A very saddening moment for our family. I especially feel bad for my grandma. They were married for 65+ years. That's a long time to wake up next to one person, and then to not... That's gotta be hard. Prayers for our family are very much appreciated. I can take comfort in the fact that I now believe that my grandpa is in heaven and suffers no more.

Ok, now for the sweet. I bowled in the Indianapolis City Tournament this weekend. On Saturday, I bowled 234-237-222 = 693 in Team Event. As a team, we shot 3450 with handicap and were in about 5th place (1 weekend remains in the tournament). Today, Sunday, I bowled singles/doubles. In singles, I bowled 300-244-210 = 754. It was my 5th 300 game (perfect game...I'm now only 8 behind my dad). The 754 (778 w/handicap) put me in 2nd actual, 3rd handicap. However, I lost all reaction in doubles and did not bowl well, 180-147-200 = 527. What I hateevents. As it turned worse about that is how it cost me in all out, I had 693-754-527 = 1974, with my handicap 2046. I'm in the top 10 scratch and top 20 handicap. But it could've been a lot more. Overall I am pleased, excited about the 300, and the tournament should turn out to be profitable for me.

That's it. Thanks for reading and your thoughts and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home