Down my Alley

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

My giving thanks

I've decided to go ahead and put out a list of what I'm thankful for. This might get a bit mushy, but who cares, tis the truth, yo. So here it is (in no particular order, just as it comes to me).

Family: I have been blessed with about the coolest family. My brother is cool (a bit weird, but that fits the family trend). We get along well and enjoy similar movies and love the video games. I imagine we will be 50 and still play video games at family gatherings. My little sister (aka the young'un) is pretty cool as well. We too get along well, mostly in the joking way. I tease her, but she knows that I will do anything for her. My mom is the sweetest little old lady around (I do mean little and old-- 4'11" and 52). She's about the nicest person you'll ever meet, and it's because of her, I strive to be nice to everyone in all situations. And that brings me to my dad. I could do an entire post about how I love my dad. I can talk to him about anything. He's my father, my best bowling buddy (coach and mentor), my friend, and my minister. Typically we talk bowling, but it's amazing to know I can always go to him.

God: I must give some big props to the "Head Honcho." Without Him there would literally be nothing. I will often disagree and have different views from many people out there about the details, but the foundation remains. I love God, his son Jesus, and the Holy Spirit, and they in turn love me despite all my faults. God is good....All the time!!!

Friends: I've got a kick butt core group of friends. I'm not exactly a social butterfly, but I can get along with most people. But I have some friends I'm very close to and talk to about anything. I have some friends (one in particular) that I'd like to get to know a little better. But anyway, I'm surrounded by people that will support and push me in most all of my life goals.

My life: I can honestly say that I would not want to trade my life for anyone elses. I know I have faults and shortcomings, but I have been blessed greatly. To name a few: intelligence, wit, humor, niceness, calmness in most situations (speaking, tests, etc.), humility (wouldn't belive that after this list, huh?), and the ability to bowl. I love to bowl. I take it seriously (sometimes too seriously), but it is my passion in life. Everytime I get that oppurtunity, it really is a gift and a joy.

Well, before people begin to think that I'm a bit too mushy let me wrap this puppy up with a great saying: Yippee-ki-yea Mr. Falcon!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home