Down my Alley

Monday, August 24, 2009

What you should watch...Fall '09 version

Ok, first off, I greatly apologize for the lack of posts. No excuses other than to say I have no good excuse.

If you watch much TV, you have noticed that most stations are now starting to advertise the start of their new episodes. Also, you can pretty quickly pick out which shows the networks want you to invest your time in. You probably figured all that out already, so without further ado...on to telling you about the shows that you should be watching (or if you are like me,DVR it and watch it later). Must watch shows designated in Bold (and by pictures).

Sundays

8 pm (NBC) - Sunday Night Football - depends on the game
8 pm (CBS) - The Amazing Race - still the best reality show on the TV and always worth watching
8:30 pm (FOX) - The Cleveland Show - not sure if this one will be another Family Guy (hysterical), or if it will be American Dad (just not funny)
9 pm (FOX) - Family Guy - easily one of my favorite shows, hardly a day goes by where I don't relate some event to a scene in Family Guy, great stuff.


Mondays

8-10 pm (CBS) - Comedies (How I Met Your Mother is pretty solid, Accidentally on Purpose is a new one w/ Jenna Elfman, Two and Half Men is funny stuff, and Big Bang Theory has it's moments)
8 pm (NBC) - Heroes - I fell behind early last year and never quite got caught up, so I'm not yet caught up. Unless something has drastically changed, it's likely still decent.
9 pm (ABC) - Castle - This show premiered at the end of last season, and I absolutely loved it. Yes, it's a cop show, but it's typically light hearted with awesome chemistry between the two main characters. Definitely check this one out.


Tuesdays

8 pm (CBS) - NCIS - I've been watching this series for several years now, and I'm not about to stop.
9 pm (CBS) - NCIS: Los Angeles - Worth giving a try exclusively for the show it is being spun off from. I have my doubts though, and HATE the fact they are doing the CSI naming thing by throwing in the city name...stupid.
10 pm (ABC) - The Forgotten - Not too sure about this new series. Looks like it will take itself a little too seriously, but might be worth a look.

Wednesdays

Gotta be the worst night on television. Dumb comedies, overrated dramas and reality. Painful. Good thing I bowl on Wednesdays.

8 pm (NBC) - Mercy - A medical drama with a nurse as the main character (at least the previews look that way). I'm a sucker for a medical drama and will almost always give them a chance (until bad medicine or soap operaness kicks in)

Thursdays

8 pm (Fox) - Bones - a really cool show, along the lines of Castle, with some quirky likeable characters.
9 pm (Fox) - Fringe - another one I fell behind last year (and plan on catching up soon), but still liked it and am willing to stick with it.
10 pm (CBS) - The Mentalist - one of the pleasant surprises of last season. Solid characters really drive this show. Worth the time.



Side note: 8 pm (ABC) - Flash Forward - This is the one that ABC is pushing hard as their new series they want everyone to watch. However, I'm very very hesitant. First, it appears to model itself on Lost (where nothing happens and they break their own rules). It will require a full commitment and I'm not sure I want to give it one. Interesting idea, but not sure if it is worth the time.

Fridays

Really there is nothing here to watch. Pick a show from the week that you DVR'd and watch that. Enjoy it because there is nothing on to watch.

Saturday

College Football or repeat the Friday scenario.

That's all. Set your DVR season passes and plan your life accordingly.

Am I going to post more? Maybe...stay tuned and fined out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home