Down my Alley

Monday, June 22, 2009

Brand Loyalty

I've recently had some thoughts about brand loyalty. There are a whole bunch of things that I do not have loyalty too. For instance, I've driven cars by different companies (Ford Taurus and Aerostar, GEO Metro, Pontiac Grand Am, Cadillac DeVille, and a Dodge Intrepid). My clothes and shoes come from all sorts of manufacturers. I've had a wide variety of electronics from many makers. On a side note, I do have a preference for Sony, but by no means a loyalty to it (hence my Microsoft Xbox and RCA DVD player). So, I've decided to discuss 5 items that I have absolute brand loyalty toward...that is to say, I will buy these regardless of whether other similar products are on sale.

Without further ado...

Charmin - Ultra Strong
This is without a doubt the best toilet paper ever produced. Easily one of my biggest peeves about toilet paper is rolling up while in use. This doesn't roll up or tear at all. Great. Additionally, it is quite soft and comfortable. The only TP I'll be picking up.

Tide w/ Bleach Alternative
It's not the scent that matters much here (Spring Rain, Mountain fresh, Original, whatever), but I will exclusively use Tide w/ Bleach alternative. I'm a big fan of the 2x Ultra, as well. In fact, I don't really even know many other options out there in the realm of detergents (Era...right, that's one?).

Old Spice Red Zone Pure Sport
Quite the complicated title, but it can also be referred to as "The Official Scent of Kyle Johnson." I claim it as such because, I use the stick deodorant, the spray deodorant, and the body wash. I love the scent, and the relative effectiveness of the anti-persperant component of the deodorant. Kicks the crap out of Degree (my previous deodorant choice....a long, long time ago).

Jif Peanut Butter - Extra Crunchy
This one is not exclusively of my decision (unlike the above options). This is a family (more specifically, the padre) preference that has carried over. In fact, I might get disowned if my dad ever found another brand of peanut butter in my pantry. Regardless of the origin, I do love my Jif PB...and extra crunchy is the only way to roll. Essential for pancakes or Eggo's (another brand I'm loyal too). Remember..."Choosy moms, choose Jif!"

And finally....

Dr. Pepper
Hands down the best cola (or soda, or pop, or coke...note the lower case...whichever term you chose to use) available on the market. And note: the Diet version doesn't really count, I've tried, and it is not the same. I'll order Dr. Pepper at restaurants, and when the waitress says, "We have Mr. Pibb. Is that okay?" I always say, "No!" and promptly order a Coke (note the capital, referring to the actual brand Coca-Cola classic). Anyway, I could propably survive on Dr. Pepper, Lemonade, and Orange Juice (no brand preference on those final two). There is simply no substitute for Dr. Pepper..."I'm a Pepper."


And as honorable mention: Cascade dish detergent


Alright, there you have some of my brand loyalty's. What about you? What products do you use exclusively?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home