Down my Alley

Friday, June 12, 2009

In Need of a Post

I'm well past due with my need for posting. I've had a few ideas to post about, but just haven't gotten around to putting them down on paper...or rather on the screen...or whatever it is you would call a post. Anyway, mostly because I need to post, I'll just give a quick highlight of these recent thoughts and they might warrant a full post in the days to come.

A) Return to small town life...the pros and cons. I'm back to living in a small country based town in Indiana. This is not really new to me, but it has been a while for me. High school (in Ramsey, IN) was about as country as could be...not even a stop-light in town. However, New Albany/Clarksville and Lousiville, KY were not very far away, so it wasn't awful. Also, I spent some time in Washington, IN, and that is very similar to my most recent location. It is quite different than my 6 years in Indy for school and the past few years in Denver, CO. It comes with some adjustment, but I'm pretty settled (there's a bowling alley and some good pizza...aka, the necessities of civilization).

B) Jesus Camp. I watched this doucmentary the other night and certainly have some strong views on the material presented. I did like how the documentary was fairly hands off and unbiased, but the subject matter is simply controversial. I'm never quite sure I want to discuss some of the things presented in this forum. Regardless, it had topics that really got me boiling a bit (such as: science and home schooling, what it really means to be pro-life). Simply put, I can't understand how some people can adopt some beliefs so blindly.

C) Zombies. This is mostly brought on in response to my brother's most recent post. I greatly enjoy many things zombies, and have contemplated a top 10 zombie movie list. I'm sure I've thought of it before, and who knows, I might have even done it before. Regardless, I like lists, I like movies, and I like zombies...so this post seems like an obvious thing.

and finally...

D) Anything else. It is really funny how I'll think of something to post about at random times during the day, but never quite get around to posting about it. I really need to work on actually getting around to posting more regularly about whatever topic hits me.

and as always (clearly I lied about that finally thing a moment ago)...

E) Movie reviews. Recent viewings include: Angels and Demons, The Hangover, Bedtime Stories, and Yes Man. Giving a review is always an easy post, so I should probably at least default to that on a weekly basis.

Ok, well, that meets the requirements of a post...almost...I still need a visual aide. Let's see....how about this...


If you didn't quite look hard enough. It is a normal set of stairs with the railings of escalators...I wonder how many people got confused and stopped at the base for a second?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home