Down my Alley

Friday, October 08, 2004

Ladder 49

Post number 2...you should be impressed that I've not already gone and gave up on this blog thingy. Anyway, on to the heart of the matter, my Friday night. Tonight was "Movie Night" for young adults at Speedway UMC. It was myself, the associate youth minister, and another college kid named Jason....that's it. To their credit, Speedway does not have an active young adult program and is just trying to get one going...but I digress. The movie for the evening was (if you read the title of the post, you probably figured it out) Ladder 49. All in all it was a very good movie. A good story, good acting, and parts everyone can enjoy (some humor, some romance, plenty of action). Being that it was a church outing, after the movie we discussed some implications. Questions raised were about a tight knit group of friends, our common purpose, and what's our motivation. Some things to think about. I'd recommend the movie to most people. If you don't want to have anything given away about the movie, DO NOT read further.



- No one told me it was going to be a tear jerker. Not many other movies do I leave the theater is such silence with only other people's sobs/tears as noise. And NO, I did not cry (had that lump in my throat though...you know what I mean). A very good soundtrack though.

That's all for tonight, yo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home